Sunday, May 17, 2015
This year I planned an all girls tea party for my mom's birthday... with lots of light foods and dessert to reflect.
cheese tray, smoked salmon platters, egg salad, tuna salad, whitefish salad, tomato bruschetta, sushi tray, berry salad, assorted breads, cake, assorted cookies & pastries, fruit platter.
Thanks for visiting!
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
I made this healthier version of the normal beef, veal, and white rice stuffed bell peppers common in Russian cuisine.
- 1 Bag of assorted small peppers and 3 small green Hungarian peppers -cap and seeds removed
- 2lbs ground chicken
- 1 +1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 onions chopped & separated
- 8oz canned tomato sauce
- 1cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill (or herb of your choice, use more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- cumin - to taste, I used 3 tsps
- salt - to taste, I used 1 Tblspn
- pepper - to taste, I used 3tsps
1. Seperately, saute the 2nd chopped onion until golden brown
2. Ad canned tomato sauce, let heat and slightly reduce
3. Add broth and sour cream to the sauce Heat until well mixed
4. season with a pinch of salt and pepper
-Add sauce to pot with peppers, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, on medium-low heat for 45minutes.
Note - If you have left over stuffing - you can make them into meatballs, saute on each side for 3 min and add to the pot.
This made about 10-12 portions. To increase or decrease this recipe maintain about 1:2 ratio of quinoa to ground meat.
The peppers came out soft and sweet. I couldn't taste the quinoa in there at all really (for those who like me, do not love the texture of quinoa on its own).
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Last year we hosted a small Christmas eve dinner for Chris' immediate family. This year, as our first year of being married, we had 8 people over: my parents and Chris' family. I spent all weekend preparing with the help of my parents while my husband was away at work.
My decor was white, glass and Metallic on top of a black tablecloth.