Saturday, December 27, 2014

Arranging Platters

Arranging Platters is one of my favorite ways to display foods.  I pick easy things that look beautiful  together but usually is based more on assembling than cooking.  It's low stress but always impressive.  

Bellow are some of my favorites from the past year.  I usualy choose a large platter or cutting board and assemble things  with bright colors.  Anything that's mushy I put aside into a smaller dish
Picnic: fruit and veggie platter
My farmers market haul
Store bought lunch arranged as if it were home made - special treat to make my grand parents feel like they were on a luxurious get away.
Fruit platter a ranged by colors on a silver tray for added elegance to end a fall holiday meal
Veggie tacos for lunch on a cutting board with extra goodies on the side.
Pot luck for work, I bring everything separately  in zip lock bags and put it in the fridge until it's time to eat.
Other ideas are a mixture of cheese  and cold cuts on a cutting board. I like using my cutting  boards instead of having a separate cheese platter because my kitchen is so small I can not store so many different things. It also makes a study surface to cut on. 

This also make a good gift - if you are going to someone's house or a pot luck- you can buy them an inexpensive  platter or cutting board that you arrange nicely and then later they can keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment